elderly woman on a cell phone

Request Name Change on Account

Change the name of the account  holder on your residential or business accounts.

If You're a Residential Customer

Update your primary holder name online. Types of changes include:

  • Corrections to misspellings
  • Legal Name Changes, e.g. due to marriage or divorce
  • Account holder changes related to deceased spouse or partner

Residential Name Change Form



If You're a Business Customer

Existing Business - Misspelled

To correct misspellings in your business name, submit your request online.
Applicable  to business customers keeping the same Federal Tax Identification (FTI).

Business Name-Misspelled Form



Existing Business - Name Change

To change your business name to a new name, we need verification from the state.
Applicable to business customers keeping the same FTI.

  • Obtain letter from Secretary of State by calling Sacramento office at (916) 657-5448.
  • Email or FAX letter to our Special Services Desk with additional information:
    • Subject Line: Commercial business name change request
    • Business name and service address
    • Contact name, Job title and phone number

Send the documentation to SDG&E by email, mail or FAX

[email protected]

Special Services Desk, CP-62A
P.O. Box 129831
San Diego, CA 92112-9831


FAX : 1-858-636-7719
Attention: Special Services Desk


New Business or Other Reasons

If your new business is moving into a prior business's address or your business's name is changing for other reasons, call our Business Care Center at 1-800-336-7343.